It truly feels like Halloween here in Pittsburgh. It’s raining (has been for days due to Sandy) and it was snowing earlier this morning. It’s dreary and cold and I’m loving it. It’s putting me in that spooky mood.
Today I thought I’d put down the top 10 things that scare me this time of year, that aren’t really supposed to be scary. Please feel free to add your own:
1. The sound of a child’s laughter in the distance when it’s dark outside (Always makes me think of The Shining twins or The Omen kid)
2. Anything swinging or rocking or blowing (Like a chair, or a swing set swing, or a flag)
3. Slow footsteps – (Anytime, anywhere)
4. Crooked trees with no leaves (They just look like they can grab you at any moment)
5. Church bells or any other type of bell (Just find the tunes eerie and out of sync)
6. Leaves rustling behind me (It always catches you off guard)
7. Any old man wearing a hat like Cane did in Poltergeist (Who isn’t scared of that)
8. Clowns (I guess they are scary, but they aren’t supposed to be)
9. Carnival music or those magic mirrors (Just plain creepy)
10. Dolls or kid’s toys (Like my son’s cookie jar that laughs even when it’s not on)
I guess this time of year just puts our brains into a different thinking pattern. But it’s fun to be scared, we want to be scared. That’s why we go to haunted house and watch movies. So enjoy the day and tell me, what scares you?