I just have a lot of random thoughts floating around, so I’m going to do a rambling blog today. Feel free so share your randomness, too. I love to hear and read that I’m not the only weirdo out there. 😉
1. Mailboxes are silly. As I passed hundreds today on my walk, some completely broken, duct taped, hanging by a thread to the post, I thought about the important information enclosed in our mail everyday. We have a password, pass code or some type of security on everything these days: our phones, our cars, our doors, our computers – yet when it comes to our mail – we just let it sit out there for hours, even days at a time. Precious account information, hospital bills, all of our most personal numbers and information just sitting in an open box. For some, their mailbox is a mile away or across the street, not even within sight, yet we all just go on with our day, assuming it will still be there when we decide to retrieve it. Just kind of silly – maybe we should invent mailboxes that have a slot for the mail to go in, but you have to put in a pin to get it out? Doesn’t that seem like it makes more sense?
2. I love weddings. I wish I could go to one every weekend. I will be at one this weekend, so this thought is actually kind of relevant.
3. I suck at math, even worse than I ever thought. I can write you a blog or an article or a report in an hour, but give me a math problem and my brain turns to mush. I can’t even add. And is possible I’m getting worse as I get older? I used a calculator today to add 4.5 plus 2.5. Seriously….
4. Water bottles are more refreshing than water out of the tap.
5. If I was an actress, I would most likely play a mom on a Disney show. Now that my son is into watching some of those, I feel like I would fit in quite well. They are quirky, witty, and their kids seem to always get the best of them.
That’s all I have for today. What’s on your mind?