When I woke up today, I had an overwhelming urge to go to an amusement park, and since that’s not an option (I don’t think my 13 month old would have much to do while Mom was riding coasters), I figured writing about it would be the next best thing.
Now, I don’t know where all of you are from, but I live near Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh, PA and it’s a fantastic place to visit.
I think all parks have most of the same elements, the sights, sounds, and smells that let us know SUMMER is here. My top 10 below:
1. Catching a glimpse of the tallest roller coaster as you drive down the road towards the parking lot
2. Pushing through that funky silver metal bar at the beginning of the park and trying to look cool doing it
3. The instant happiness that comes over you as you enter the park with endless options, what to do first?!
4. The eerie and familiar sound of the merry-go-round, and watching the faces of the little ones as they take their first trip around
5. The terrifying and awesome sound of the hum of the roller coaster as you ascend the giant hill
6. The taste of anything fried or served in the park in general. Fries taste better, cotton candy sweeter, and funnel cakes – you know you can eat a whole one yourself
7. The mist from the water rides as you stand on the bridge watching the people crazy enough to actually get soaked
8. The butterflies in your stomach as you dangle and fly through the air, coupled with the fear that your seat belt can literally bust at any time (the older we get, the more aware of how dangerous those rides can actually be)
9. The games and the arcade – especially SkeeBall – and trying our hardest to win the biggest stuffed animal, knowing we’re just going to throw it in the back of our closet at home anyway
10. Night time at the park – love everything about that
What are you favorite parks and favorite parts?